Heirloom Tomato Collection
Over the years, we've amassed an incredible array of heirloom tomato varieties. In this special collection, we present some of the most rare and treasured varieties from our personal collection.
Collection includes five individual seed packets containing 30 seeds each of the following varieties
- Green Gage - 60 days. Indeterminate. From at least 1874 in England. Bright yellow cherry tomatoes produced in abundance throughout the season. Named after the Green Gage plum for its green gel around the seeds when immature.
- Ceylon - 70 days. Indeterminate. Introduced by High Mowing Seeds in 1997. Small, red fruits are flattened and ruffled. Very beautiful.
- Stefan's Gold - 80 days. Indeterminate. A family heirloom from the Spearing family of Bethany, Ontario. Their uncle Stefan grew this variety for decades, ever since the 1950's. Medium-sized, bright orange, meaty fruits.
- Crooked Creek Oxheart - 80 days. Indeterminate. Back when we first started seed saving, an elderly woman from the neighbourhood drove down our driveway with a trunk full of tomato plants. She'd grown this variety for years and wanted us to carry on preserving it. She knew it as Oxheart; to honour the source, we added her (and our) community to the name. Big, red, fleshy fruits with a rich taste.
- Carlton - 70 days. Determinate. We obtained these seeds originally from the Canadian gene bank. Developed in 1952 at the Central Experimental Farm in Ottawa. Early, robust fruits that are widely adapted.
Note: varieties may change based on availability
All our seeds are non-GMO and open-pollinated. Our seeds are untreated and non-hybrid. All our seed collections are lovingly created by hand by us! We're a family-owned and operated Seedhouse located in Southern Ontario with over 20 years experience in growing and seed saving.